Friday, July 11, 2014

Starting Somewhere...

Blogging has been a dream for me for a long time.


I admire people who can sit down and write easily.  One of my friends has bookshelves full of journals she's filled.  Her freedom of expression--her creativity--are qualities I wish I had.

Throughout high school and college, writing was more daunting than anything else.  That empty blank white page--the horror!  It stopped me before I could even begin.  Somehow, I got through, and even turned out some pieces that I was proud of.  Later, in grad school, I started to feel more comfortable with my writing assignments. Once my research was complete, the ideas would flow out.  It was exciting to really get in and write something.  I even discovered, for myself, that what my creative writing teachers said is true: often we have to write so we can discover what we think.  

Flash forward to my "real life" (outside of school, that is), and I am back to the dreaded blank page and a mountain of writer's block and apprehension. 

 Where will I start?  What on earth will I write about?  Do I have anything interesting to say that people would ever want to read?  Will this be just another project that I start but never finish? Am I really cut out for this blogging thing?

I guess this is just one of those endeavors where "time will tell".  Please join me on this new journey of self-discovery!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! And you have more things of interest to say than you realize! Looking forward to reading all of your posts! Best of luck! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rander! I appreciate all your encouragement and I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete