Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Round Here: June

It's summer, the weather is beautiful, and my garden is going crazy.  Almost literally.  I have had training and other school-related work for the past couple of weeks, and my tidy veggie garden has turned into a jungle.  There's a lot of work to be done to get it back under control, but I'm still really enjoying it.  Here is a sample of what's growing...



From bottom left to top right, there is:
1.  Climbing rose, "Mermaid," also known as "Barracuda" in my family because of how aggressive the rose gets.  Mine is currently about 10 feet tall, and small for its variety so far.
2.  My first tomatoes!  I've been waiting for tomatoes for 6 months...
3.  Morning glories.  These are basically weeds in my garden...and I love them!
4.  A miniature variety of zinnias.  I planted them to help with attracting pollinators to my garden, but I'm enjoying their sunshiney faces.
5.  Rue.  I'm sure this herb has wonderful healing properties, but darned if I can remember what they are.  However, I've been enjoying the star-shaped blossoms, and the bees like them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment